This course is specifically for Brighton & Hove schools.
Following Government reforms to apprenticeships Brighton & Hove City Council’s Apprenticeship programme has expanded with over 130 apprentices currently working towards new qualifications. During the session we will provide examples of how apprenticeships can work and make a positive contribution to your school.
‘The council’s apprenticeship team offers great support to the school with understanding the funding rules and the schools role in employing an apprentice. The college advertised our vacancies and short listed the applicants, I interviewed and selected the best candidate, the process is fairly easy’ Jane Burroughs Cardinal Newman Catholic School
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes for all ages that provide opportunities for existing staff to acquire new skills, knowledge and behaviours in their existing roles or enable new roles to be recruited within your school.
The Government has implemented a number of reforms; to increase quality and quantity of apprenticeships. The reforms include new employer driven Apprenticeship Standards, Public Sector Targets and an Apprenticeship Levy.
This bite-size session will be your chance to meet the Apprenticeship Team, explore opportunities and issues, ask questions and gain a better understanding of new apprenticeship landscape. It will cover some of The Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) rules that the council are governed by and support you in your journey in recruiting an apprentice
Learning Outcomes By the end of this briefing you will:
- have explored key changes to apprenticeships following reforms
- understand your role in managing an apprentice
- gained the knowledge on the processes involved in starting an apprenticeship – new and current staff.
- Aware of apprenticeships available for your school
- understand key funding rules and how you can successfully support the 20% off-the job learning
- be prepared for the requirements of End-Point Assessments (EPA)
- have an overview of Post Grad Teacher Apprenticeship and how to take this forward.
- be aware where to go for support
To reserve your place please book through BEEM http://www.beem.org.uk/Training For further Apprenticeship information in schools go to http://www.beem.org.uk/Services/3215
This event is aimed at Head Teachers, School Business Managers or anyone that is responsible for schools training and development or recruitment of staff.