A specialist Occupational Health & Counselling Service (OH&CS) supporting schools to fulfil their statutory requirements with regard to staff welfare.
OUTLINE OF PROVISION
The provision of this service ensures schools comply with their legal responsibilities in providing a duty of care to their staff. This includes;
Specialist provision of;
• Pre-employment health check screening; the successful candidate ‘fitness grade certificate’ (including recommended reasonable adjustments, where applicable) is sent to the school.
• Occupational Health management referral service, that includes the option of sending an OH referral & receiving the OH report via a secure internet web based portal;
• OH reports providing a clear, impartial opinion on;
• Fitness for work: whether the person has a health problem which may affect attendance or performance at work.
• Future attendance: how much absence is likely in the future
• Future performance: is the person fit to undertake all duties.
• Return to work: the likely time it will take for the person to regain their fitness to return to work.
• Rehabilitation advice: recommendations on how to assist successful return.
• If not fit to return to previous work, advice for re-deployment/ retirement on medical grounds.
• A Confidential Employee Assistance Programme service.
WHO CAN PURCHASE?
The School Occupational Health Service and the Employee Assistance Programme Service are available to all maintained schools on a traded basis through the service level agreement.
Payment is annual by journal transfer, for maintained schools, usually actioned at the beginning of the financial year. Purchases of additional services will be arranged on an individual service basis.
Payment from academies, free and independent schools will be completed through invoice.
WHAT IS THE COST STRUCTURE?
Charges are based on a single pricing model enabling schools to ensure the services for Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programme are budgeted for, and therefore available throughout the year. Charges are per head within your school (total cost of the service divided by total schools head count).
The following services are available to purchase, on an additional rate to the core specification headcount rate.
• Health surveillance – i.e. lung function, audiogram and skin assessment.
• Wellbeing checks – this includes an initial assessment via questionnaire with a face-to-face OH appointment (only where the questionnaire results identify a need for a further assessment).
• Dyslexia / Dysgraphia / Dyscalculia Assessment
• Workstation Assessment advice
• Drug and Alcohol testing
• Psychiatric Services