EMAS offers a service responding to diverse and changing demands of the BME/EAL pupils in primary and secondary school and across all PVI and nurseries in Brighton and Hove
Outline of Provision
This service provides advice, guidance, training and development to governing bodies so they can carry out their strategic leadership roles & responsibilities and contribute effectively to school improvement. The service also provides support and development opportunities for clerks so they can co-ordinate the work of their governing bodies and advise them appropriately.
Who can purchase?
This service is available to governing bodies of maintained schools, academies, free schools, multi-academy trusts and independent schools.
What is the cost structure?
The service is supplied to schools on a traded basis through the Service Level Agreement. For maintained schools, there is a one-off payment at the beginning of the financial year by journal transfer. Purchases of additional services will be arranged on an individual service basis. Payment from academies, free and independent schools will be completed through invoice.
There are three service options:
1. The full Governor Support Service Level Agreement (as above)
2. ‘Pay as you go’ for training events from the programme
3. Additional service charges for individual governing boards or clusters/partnerships of schools, such as:
• Bespoke whole governing board sessions on self-evaluation, Ofsted, RAISEonline, being an outstanding governing board, roles & responsibilities etc
• Support for complaints panels (if the governing board requires more than basic procedural advice and signposting to guidance)
All costs are available upon request.
Children’s Services Workforce Development
The Workforce Development Team provide a varied range of training courses for anyone working with children, young people and their families in the city
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.